I was only using Yahoo as an example.
I don't think it's worth the server resources, forum speed or anything else JUST for html files that can be indexed by search engines. A feature like that will not really benefit many people even though they will all swear otherwise. (Which is usually the people who just don't know what they are talking about. It'll bring what? 1 hit a month to your website.. WOOHOO!!!!).. When it comes down to it something like this really isn't worth it.
If HTML files are that important to anybody here then they can go get UBB or wwwboard instead and life will be good for all of us.
There are many reasons why I like having a database driven forum and the ability to generate HTML files dynamicaly from the database is NOT one of them!!!!!!
Oh btw I bet I could write a Perl/PHP script in 1 afternoon that will extract all of your posts in the forum and dump it into a set of HTML files which can then be spidered by search engines (and the html file could privide links to the REAL posts in the forum). It would be pretty easy to do. This doens't need to be a major addition to the forum or anything.
------------------------------------------------
Jeremy 'PeelBoy' Amberg