Well I've been running forums for various sites (game sites, car communities, corp sites etc..) for the past uhm.. 4 or 5+ years starting with lil old wwwboard, then UBB, and various other forums.. (including some lame ones I wrote my self)

Not ONCE have I heard anybody complain about not knowing how to post.. Is this honestly a problem? I mean this whole threaded started because 1 person was too 'lazy' to visit the forum so she decided to send an email instead. I bet if this forum was so stupidly simple to use that even a 1 year old kid could use it... MOST sites would not notice any difference in traffic compared to what they have now...... sure, maybe 1 or 2 people... yay.. and eventually those people will learn how to use this software and then they will love it.. Some people are just tooo uninterested or lazy to learn it and even if it was easy they probably STILL wouldn't post much.. Why waste your time trying to target the forum to that .001% of people instead of everybody else?!

Making the layout easier... sure.. great idea.. I'm all for it.... Making it easier to use than telling time with a digital watch? I dunno.. Gotta draw the line some where.

------------------------------------------------
Jeremy 'PeelBoy' Amberg