David Dreezer, you really angered me with your condescending attitude. as the third most posting person on this board, i assume you have some seniority around here and are insulting clients. me.

i appreciate you calling me a rude boy, but i have been to war on this, and i know what i am talking about. it is NOT being indexed EFFICIENTLY.

DREEZER WROTE:I think a more correct statement would be that David Wren's search engine can't spider it. If David Wren needs or wants some help, or has found a bug, it would be entirely appropriate for him to open a ticket.

actually mr wren is a spider expert, and knows more than either of us ever will on the subject. as an expert, i was quoting him here as i was asked to use this forum for questions after my install was completed. he doesn't need help, he is GIVING help. he has given SUCCINCT detailed information on how to make this threads software work better with spiders. much of his communication was on my install thread, not on this board, i have been quoting him for weeks.

DREEZER WROTE:to be posting in capital letters on the forum that search engines can't index them is incredibly misleading. It gets a look in google, a shrug and not a lot more.

sign me up for your tech support services...

a look in google shows that nearly all their links from my board are JUNK. did you peek in google and see a LIST, but not click on them to see what they are? http://ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=newpost&Board=4 is a wonderful page to have indexed, most of their links are like that. ALL the first ones.

DREEZER WROTE:Posting in all caps that the forums cannot be indexed by a search engine when they obviously are by the larger search engines doesn't ingratiate you with someone that could help. It alienates you.

You speaking like an expert when you have an obvious lack of knowledge on the subject alienates me. your insulting attitude alienates me. larger search engines are not doing the job either, but i guess you are too smart to read the details, so you throw out vague generalities and mud. Rick read the comments from my spider friend and said he would make adjustments to the way the files are named in the future. i guess maybe he sees something you don't. guess he and i and the spider expert are all dumb and see a problem that doesn't exist.

i don't give a &#%$ if someone is alienated. this is important. i don't care about my place in some repair queue. i can spend a li'l dough on another search engine and be done here in two minutes. i have spent more than that on bandwidth test indexing this script. i would like to get this to work. i have spent many hours working with rick and david on this, and the spider experts have too. the problem is NOT in my imagination. we have all worked hard and communicated frequently. i would hope that we are beyond 'hurt feelings.'

i make money on my websites, this isn't some cute little hobby board to play with. this board is very important to the Belizean tourist industry. probably the number one place tourists get information about Belize on the internet. We are the most trafficked website about Belize, and the board is our most popular feature. there are over 200,000 posts on the board, many many questions answered. to have it properly and efficiently indexable by outside spiders is VERY IMPORTANT. The last version certainly was much better.

DREEZER WROTE: There are right ways and wrong ways to ask Rick or any software developer for help. To this point you've been a poster child for wrong way.

i've been working with software development since 1973, so i don't need your advice on the right way to ask for help. if i can't get good help i simply go away and find a company that provides it. thats why i use this board. support is excellent. they listen. but without facts and opinions of experts (the 'private' email i posted that you objected to) being given and discussed, nothing progresses. i am simply furthering the communication. i was asked to use this forum instead of my install thread.

you however, are insulting rick and davids clients. hope thats ok with them. you sir, are the poster boy for a bad software support person. in customer service, the customer is always right. ALWAYS. you can't call em names.