Ok, I'll step in and comment now. A few things to take into consideration. First, you had asked what did we spend our time on for the 5.5 release. So, I'll direct you to
this thread.
Secondly, as for the interface being substandard. This might be true from your perspective, however there are 2 sides for everything. When I owned WWWThreads my customers felt the same thing about other forum software, that their interface was sub-standard. I focused on developing what they asked for and honestly the instant graemlins and hot topic folders just weren't asked for.
Which brings us to the present and we still try to focus on what the customers want. So we will be adding things that are asked for and improving on areas that are discussed. Some things take time. For instance, the hot topic folder seems like a simple addition and its really easy when you are viewing in standard collapsed mode, but when you are viewing in expanded mode it throws things out of whack because the hot topics folders are only displayed for the main topic, not all the replies. So, it could be added fairly easily but would like quite bad under certain settings.
So, we are progressing and listening. 5.5 had alot of things that people have been asking for. We're working on 6.0, templates, etc and it too will have things that people are asking for.
-------------------
Rick Baker
UBBThreads developer