<First, you had asked what did we spend our time on for the 5.5 release. So, I'll direct you to this thread.>

What I said was, I didn't know what you spent the time on, but I knew it wasn't on the interface. It was really a rhetorical question, although in your response, you have in fact proven my point.

<Secondly, as for the interface being substandard. This might be true from your perspective, however there are 2 sides for everything.>

Well, not so in this case. Really? How? You have

(1
new)

proves my point. Every single copy of UBBT shares this deligthful quirk, which noox RELIES on to let his users know about new posts. It splits the line. Right there ON THE MAIN PAGE. This illustrates completely my point about indifference and the seeming cult-like devotion purchasing threads engenders in most users. If you let you brother paint you house and he put a big grey line in the middle of the front, well, you'd forgive hime. After all, he's your brother. I am not inclined to forgive having the new posts info be absurdly split for every forum. UBB isn't my family, although they seem to hope I can be as forgiving to them. But, I am paying for this experience. What about the folder? HAVE you looked at that little brown folder? It's vitrually unrecognizeable AS a folder, open or closed. Why can't I see the message icons laid out? Why can't I EASILY upload more? These and the other interface advancements I have pointed out came years ago, and define the standard of interface options common to your other products, and the industry as a whole.

Throughout my description of the less-than-standard interface, I have chosen to focus on it as being the result of a choice. I asked if developing advanced or arcane execution refinements at the expense of the interface could be called a mistake, and if so, could UBBT admit to it and make a commitment to addressing it. At no time have they been willing to say that. To admit that it was a possibility, and respond with a "We will fix that. Now. This weekend."

<Mdmz, we all have our preferences and shouldnt be forced to accept yours regardless of your inability to appreciate ubbt.>

I refer you to my previous comments about the year in which of the kind of interface I seek evolved. Also, to my comments about the line being split on the new posts message. Do you appreciate that? Should I? Isn't what I am seeking really only an interface which functions at a level commensurate with or better than the quality of the messaging technology.

What I would appreciate is a review of the position taken by UBBT. In light of the popularity of this issue here, and the megabytes of characters spilled across the user groups in terms of interface, a reasonable person would expect that it would become a TOP priority. Instead, I have found only defensiveness, evasion and a rush to defend the indefensible.