I have to agree with hougs. Everybody has his own preferences and is used to his favorite programs. I for instance do not need a light bulp or a folder, I prefer the "(x new)". On the other site I do not like for instance that most of the boards (including for instance the UBB of ubbdesign.com) do not use image hights and widths. So the page layout constantly changes till all images are loaded. In WWWThreads that was fixed mostly.

I do not think that UBBThreads is that difficult to use in comparison to other forum packages. On the other side I have to admit that there are some things where UBBThreads lacks behind other software. (mainly: forms, especially post form; Avater upload; error messages) But I'm sure this was only because Rick had not enough time to work on this.

When I heard that WWWThreads was bought by Infopop I already thought of switching to phpBB2. I did some testing and found out that UBBThreads builds it's pages up to 4 times faster then phpBB2 it's similar pages. On the same server and although the UBBThread board is running with 17.000 posts, and the test installation of phpBB2 only had one post!

Now when I look at the 6.0 changelog then I'm really looking forward to this new version. And Rick wrote that he has improved the queries, so I hope that the new version with the template system and additional features will still be one of the fastest boards out there.

nòóx