There is a definite commitment to improve each and every aspect of UBBThreads just as there is with every other product you will find here. What I did try to stress in my last post is these things take time.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><hr /><font size="" face=""><Made a new option when logging in of having the login be temporary or permanent. (temporary means you will need to login the next time you visit, permanent it will remember you when you return)> Has anyone asked for this? Is there any demonstrated need for it? How many hours did you spend on it? And the same can be asked of the following: </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="" face="">Yes, it's been asked for alot because many people share computers and they don't want to remain logged in when another person sits down at the computer. How many hours did we spend on it? About 10 minutes.

The template system was needed in order to improve the interface. Before HTML was spread all over the code so trying to make changes to the HTML portion, ie. interface, was a nightmare. With templates, the interface changes can be done in one place much faster.

We asked none of our staff to verify the HTML was XHTML compliant. When moving everything into templates I just ran the code through the w3c validator service.

Any long term user of UBBThreads/WWWThreads will definitely say that the user's wants have always been listened to. Every feature you currently see is because it was asked for by the customers or potential customers. This is why you will find me actively involved over at threadsdev.com.

Going through the current changelog might look like we are just adding stuff randomly but in order to make improvements properly some things need to be redone, recoded, etc. And you aren't seeing every little change.

Version 6.0 will be a big improvement over what you see currently. Will it have everything you and everyone else wants? Probably not but hopefully it will be a big step in the right direction. While this will be a major upgrade and there will be alot of stuff added/improved upon there will still need to be more changes.

-------------------
Rick Baker
UBBThreads developer