mdmz:

I can see where you're coming from and I understand what you mean. We've been fortunate to have gained over 200 users in a little over month. Most of those have migrated from the previous board we built using ikonboard (which has some nice features that I miss). I decided to go with UBBThreads[/b] because of it's use of PHP and MySQL. I know there are other software packages out there, but to me and many other Internet "surfers", the use of a professional software package like [i]UBBThreads provides a sense of permanency and committment that can't be conveyed with programs like ikonboard.

The other side of the coin is programs like ikonboard are Perl-based CGI scripts and I'm much more comfortable customizing and hacking PHP than I am CGI.

I guess what it boils down to with me is the fact that I like the base product and with a few "tweaks" I've made it into a product that both myself and my "customers" are happy with. Sure it would be nice to have a lot of the features that I've "hacked" in provided with the base software package, but I'm pretty patient. I work in software development professionally, so I know what it takes to develop software. v6.0 will mark a fairly significant change in the product and will more than likely bring it more in line with the other UBB-like products available on the market.

My only complaint is the time it takes me to "upgrade" the software because I have to re-add all of my hacks in. I wish I could figure out an easier way to do that.

Anybody know of a software package that will compare two code files line-by-line and allow the two to be "merged"?