</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><hr /><font size="" face="">Every single copy of UBBT shares this deligthful quirk, which noox RELIES on to let his users know about new posts. It splits the line. Right there ON THE MAIN PAGE.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="" face="">I first thought that I have fixed the splitted line with a <nobr>(1 new)</nobr>. But I realized I did not, because it does not occur on my board. "(10 new)" only splits if the screenwith is less than about 900px.

I have a green background and the "(1 new)" is in red. This fit's well in my opinion and it is very noticable. I think that this is at least as noticable as the lightbulb, but it holds a lot more information! I know at first sight how much new posts where made. So I do not need (and want) a folder icon or a lightbulb. I does not provide any additional information, so for me it's pretty useless. Except that it is easier understood by users of other forums which only use this form to indicate new posts. But I assume a "(1 new)" is more self-explanatory than a lighting light bulb.

But I really understand that one would have some features that others do not worry about. Like when I want to have width and hight attributes in all the images and others don't want them, because they want to use various images with different sizes.

nòóx
_____________________
www.dh-rangers.com, www.downhill-board.com

[This message was edited by nòóx on 06 Feb 02 at 05:07 PM.]