</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><hr /><font size="" face="">the program ships user-combative, versus friendly.

... It's the same with visitors. For some, that burning folder is all they need. I am not willing to sacrifice those visitors. Are you? What can be the attraction of excluding such a clear feature if it MAKES PEOPLE WANT TO STAY? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="" face="">I would not say that UBBThreads is user-combative. I have to admit that I only have about 250 users in 7 months, but at least half of them have really not much computer experience. And overall they are able to use it without bigger problems. And they come again and again.

I think it would be rather improbable that one would ever ask for a hot topic icon or the removal of the line-break in "(1 new)". The main problems I noticed on my board are the missing avatar upload, a problem with the file upload with too big files (I assume already fixed in newer versions), that only half of the users are able to use markup, and some cryptic or too general error messages.

Everybody on my board wants to have an avatar, but nobody knows how to resize or crop an image. They constantly enter 400 x 300 images or links starting with C:/.... Avatar functionality like in phpbb2 would be great. Preferably with image size detection and various image sizes in a certain range should be allowed. An automatic image size reduction would be really a great plus (if appropriate libraries are installed on the server.)

And for the markup: Post forms like here or in vB or phpBB2 would be highly recommended.

nòóx