</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><hr /><font size="" face="">Originally posted by mdmz:
I have really had it with UBBT. How is it that they have left out all of the sizzle: they don't even display the post icons, get a hack for that, the Graemlins, forget it, the self-lighting bulbs, the burning folders...?? In watching the UBB evolve, didn't they see these things as adaptations that were embraced? Why would so many people use them on their UBB, unless they found them an effective way of explaining the vast amounts of information a table of forums offers? Where is the PopIt feature? Where are the ratings? What do I GET for my extra $30 dollars, except to be shuttled back in time 5 years in terms of user interface? MySQL... well, I thought it was great, but not at this cost. Rick Baker: why have you left out SO MUCH of what makes UBB a great experience when you made UBBT??</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="" face="">I can not believe what I'm reading here. WTF are "Graemlins"? I don't want "bulbs" or "buring folders" or other kiddie stuff on my board. This is UBBThreads, formerly known as WWWThreads, it has absolutly nothing to do with the UBB software. It is just now owned by the same company. If people are too stupid to check the demo or even to lazy to read the feature-list of the product they are buying... well, they don't deserve any different.

The day "my" beloved UBBThreads formerly known as WWWThreads will include such kidde stuff I will thinking of switching to another board. Though I will probably not switch because my thrust in Rick is infinte and I'll just hack to code so it fits my standards of a good interface. And IMHO UBBThreads has a far superior interface than UBB.

Sorry for getting personal... but this can't be true....