Originally Posted by Rick
It's looking that way. It won't delay the UI update all that long. Like I said, our blog implementation will be fairly basic at first, so we're not talking about a 3 month development cycle for this one wink

So this was almost a month ago, on 11.21. When can we expect the blog at least in beta? when in production? Would be a nice Christmas present!

Did you ever specify what the ubb-blog software is supposed to do? A spec list of the blog features? Please do so or refer us to the appropriate spec list.

What I would want and expect is that I myself as the main poster can have blog pages, where my contribution is in larger, more prominent fonts then the replies, or other people's remarks. Or, I wonder, maybe that can already be done somehow, by having the first post in a thread automatically in bigger fonts, or by having admin posts be in bigger fonts, and by restricting maximum font size by other posters. If it can be done somehow, please someone enlighten me how to do that.

Oh yes, it is too late already, but my vote is for blog!

And, off topic, Rick, you might pursue this:
123flashchat.com, a commercial chat provider with flash and ajax chat clients made a very nice chat integration for me, with database integration, neat security features, etc. I pestered them until they nicely integrated features like

• admin rights: board admins become chat admins
  • banned members are banned in chat too
  • visible differentiation of registered members vs unregistered guests