I haven't had a chance to read everyone's comment, I plan on doing that later, but here are my thoughts after using this software for 8 years.

My vote is for UI, because it benefits ALL customers and ALL users. The blog will only benefit some. I really feel like we are stuck in the 2001 with this UI, and with as cheap and fast as hosting is now, there is no reason to not incorporate more AJAX type stuff that really takes the user experience to the next level. As my forum approaches 1 million posts having features that benefit all users, not just some that want to blog, is really my highest priority. Better search is a must.

As far as blogs, it's a good idea, but think more of a Facebook type of application is more appropriate. Even just having a large customizable post-like field would be great, and not hard to do. I would really encourage the ubbdev community to work on this feature themselves. We have already started on doing this type of customization to our member profile pages ourselves.

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/users/3694/off_the_hook

We have a custom trip report application that is integrated into Threads, as well as better integration with PhotoPost. In the profile page we've added total number of trips and photos, as well as links to recent trips, and I'm working on a photo plugin using a scriptaculous script. Features in the works include a large customizable field for "manifestos" as well as "who I climb with". Each customers site is different, and each has different requirements, which I think should be met by the ubbdev community.

Lastly, and I know this is a bit off topic, and I've expressed this view before, I think this software should cost more with the hopes of adding more features per development cycle. As someone who runs a highly customized board, the amount of time we spend in the testing and upgrading of our board is fairly significant, and sometimes hard to justify. We just upgraded to 7.3 a month ago, and we aren't even thinking of 7.4 at this point. If we could get the features of two .x in one, in the same development cycle, that is something I would gladly pay for.

Won't you take me to Funkytown?