This will probably be the last time I do a public poll on what to work on next, as it went off in all different tangents. Everyone wants something different and what is important to some is not so important to others.

We're not shooting to be a CMS, or the new social networking thing. We just add things that fit in with what's there. If we were simply trying to be the best discussion forum out there, then the portal and the gallery forums would have never been put in, since it could have just hooked in with some other software to do both of those.

Yes, our blogs will be limited, just like our photo gallery forums are limited. That doesn't mean they won't be useful to some. Photopost is much more feature rich than our gallery forums, but ours work fine for many customers. So, the same thing can be said for blogs. It's pretty much going to be an extended personal profile. Not everyone is going to use it, but many will. Yes there is a lot of different software out there that does blogs better, but many of our customers don't have the interest or the knowledge on installing these.

I've said this a few times and I'll put it forth once more. Since 7.0 was put out, we've been somewhat playing catch up with everyone else. We needed to get all of the basic features in place and then start improving on what's there.

We needed to get CAPTCA in, which we did. However it still needs to support more image libraries.

We needed to get payment processing in place, which we did. However it still needs to support more than just paypal or check/money order.

We needed to get a new permission system in place, which we did. However it still needs to be easier to use.

We needed to get gallery forums in, which we did. However it needs to support more image libraries as well, and be extended to personal galleries.

We need to get blogs in. They'll be basic at first like most of the above features.

At that point, we'll have everything we really need to offer and we can work on improving what we have. Better UI, easier to use, etc. A built-in manual, along with a downloadable one (yes this will be coming since we'll be documenting everything anyways).

All that being said. We've said blogs have been coming for quite awhile now. I didn't make my personal preference hidden on which I'd like to do first between these two, however enough people want blogs that we can't just yank the carpet out from under their feet, so that's what we'll do first. Like I said, it's probably just going to be a better personal profile. It's not a huge feature, so it's not something that's going to take an insane amount of time so it won't push things back that far.