I'm with you both. I to would like to compete with the "Big Boys" by having my communities giving things that the big guys give included. I have not only my time but a good deal of money invested in my communities not only with the software but also equipment to be able to be self efficient and totally in house from the site to all the equipment that makes it possible.
Some of you have seen my photo in the gallery of some of my equipment and not trying to brag or anything but I have been working on having everything self efficient for some time. Recently this year I took the plunge and built my rack and added a few nice toys as well. Took the time to make it not only functional but eye pleasant as well just in case the buddies happen to stumble into the server room.
Besides, you wouldn't believe how many women tell me I have a nice rack, lol.
I want all the nice things that those big corporations have for my communities. I like to play around building better servers and running great software on them. I love the UBB product as I have been with it since 1998 and now have 3 runtime licenses for the product. In the future I hope to have many more and more communities going and be very popular too.