Originally Posted by sat4all.com
I would like to know within 2 weeks:

- what is going to be the exact feature list for v8?
- what timeframe untill the actuall release of v8?
Interesting.

I am the Tech Slave for a community that has been together for 15+ years. Little over a year ago they were kicked out of their home. Funny because the new owner didn't understand them and went in thinking he could handle it and got trolled bad. We went with UBB because it was the first forum software that was used on the site.

Over the last year they have been asking for more functions/features. My golden rule is to never mess with the core code. Who knows a semi truck of USDA goat butts might overturn and kill me. Then they would have to deal with some pleb trying to figure out my hacks. However in order to give them what they want, I have had to add to and change core code. Functions that are available on other platforms. This brings up the problem of updating and having to backtrack and change things if they are replaced in the new version.

2 weeks ago I too started searching for a replacement. Found one that I liked and had the features that the community wanted. Wrote a importer script and dumped the old forums into it. Was in the middle of porting the skins over when I read about the new owner. I agree with sat4all I will be willing to hold on a little longer but not much more. The biggest draw for me on UBB 8 was hooks in the core code for plugins. I hate doing things twice.

As for Rick

AWSESOME DUDE!!!!11!ONE

Never needed any tech support but did notice he was usually around for others. Him, SD and Giz. The best of luck to you.