We purchased UBB for look and feel, two very important parts of any forum. Yes, some other forum packages have features that we would like to have, but are not of over riding importance in our opinion.

For example, islands. We use the islands to help people get around our site and shout box to help mods keep track of what is going on. Our site is very contentious at times. Marriage and family life can bring out the worst in people as well as the best, so security and moderator activity is important.

And yes, we filled the suggestion box at one point with stuff we would like to have to make our admin jobs easier. I see no reason to go back there and dig it out and repost.

I just looked at the package IPB referenced above and barfed. It is ugly with a U. Kinda reminded me of some of the vBulletin stuff I see. One of our members is a professional graphics artist and she is good at what she does and she likes UBB, so there you go.

We are sticking with UBB. And yeah, there are gonna be transition issues, there are always gonna be transition issues.

Right now we are starting to integrate Word Press with UBB and it is working well for us. And we are gonna renew our license even though the last ticket we turned in got lost.

Larry
www.marriageadvocates.com