Guys guys, lets be civil here... A few things:
1. No one has to share their URL, it's none of anyone's business. First off, people like their privacy, secondly, whats legal in one country isn't necessarily in another, sharing such things could lead someone who feels one way, to be treated differently due to their sites content.

2. Where I don't agree with leaving us all high and dry, Brooks has a lot on his shoulders; think of it, he just took over a company, it took Rick months to make the same transition. Keep in mind that he has to learn our code, learn the site systems, figure out a plan of attack on current bug patching, as well as identifying what needs to be tackled with v8.

3. Rick PUBLICLY STATED that the focus for v8 was to attack the front end, with the back end coming later. Ofcoarse it's not complete, he did what he said.

4. For a group of grown men, you certainly don't take into account others feelings, I've been here as long, if not longer, than most of you, grow up; attacking people isn't going to do anything for your "cause", it's going to make you look pigheaded.

I've had the privilege to directly know several of the past developers (Ted, Charles, Dave, Rick), code doesn't just *magically* appear, it has to be written, and rewritten, and tested by users, bug checked, etc. This is true in the modifications scene as well; we make mods to help you, to extend features for you, and we do it without requesting a penny.

Several of you are some of the most demanding people I've ever met. And yes, I understand that it's because your business runs on this infrastructure, and time is your money, but give Brooks a little leeway, even if he's got a group of developers or he's a single man show, he's got to learn the current codebase in and out as well as the v8 codebase to just be able to work, let alone have a voice in the forums.

Before I started frequenting these forums it was nothing but the strictest of business user to user discussion (again, support was all handled via helpdesk), myself and several others tried to make this place more than that, to make it a community; now, at the moment of this posting, I'm sorry to admit that I know several of you, you're not making this a safe place to post, you're humiliating yourself and attacking people who're here just seeking information that a user to user discussion forum just isn't going to currently be able to provide.

Last edited by Gizmo; 07/18/2011 11:05 PM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!