Originally Posted by Gizmo
Guys guys, lets be civil here... A few things:
1. No one has to share their URL, it's none of anyone's business. First off, people like their privacy, secondly, whats legal in one country isn't necessarily in another, sharing such things could lead someone who feels one way, to be treated differently due to their sites content.

Thank you for saying that. I kind of know though that the whole reason why my forum URL is important is because if I either don't have a forum or have a very small forum then it will mean to some people that I don't understand the situation and have no right to be saying that people shouldn't be mad.

However I'm not saying that people shouldn't be mad or angry, I'm just saying that if they are then they need to keep their calm and not let their emotions get the best of them.

2. Where I don't agree with leaving us all high and dry, Brooks has a lot on his shoulders; think of it, he just took over a company, it took Rick months to make the same transition. Keep in mind that he has to learn our code, learn the site systems, figure out a plan of attack on current bug patching, as well as identifying what needs to be tackled with v8.

Exactly. And if everyone starts complaining, phoning him or messaging him it's not going to make things go faster. In fact it's more likely to just slow things down even more.

4. For a group of grown men, you certainly don't take into account others feelings, I've been here as long, if not longer, than most of you, grow up; attacking people isn't going to do anything for your "cause", it's going to make you look pigheaded.

I can understand why anger and negativity are starting to show themselves here. There's been years of waiting for 8.0 and now there's a new owner and lots of uncertainties about the future of UBB. However, I have seen a situation very similar to this before. Over at vB's official forum after vB4 and it's pricing were revealed a lot of people felt cheated, a ton of negativity started and it led to an unfriendly and unwelcoming environment on their forums.

Trust me, it's not worth it to let out your anger here on the staff or on other members. If you do that then there won't be any winners in any of this, by letting negativity take over you'll just end up hurting UBB. And there's really no reason to damage UBB by discouraging the developers and driving away other members by creating an unfriendly environment. It's the software that you're all using, right? So why hurt it further?

Really, I think the feelings, ideas and fears that members have about the ownership change may actually be doing more harm than the ownership change itself.