I merely stepped in to voice my opinion on what was happening here, an opinion that I must add is based on experience. I've been dealing with other forum admins for over 4 years now, I'm not exactly new to this sort of stuff.

I'm not defending Brooks' long silence, but what is spreading what are essentially doomsday theories and complaining everywhere going to accomplish? Really, that's usually not something that people do when they're trying to help out a software/forum/etc. in fact, it's usually a way for people to subconsciously attempt to make their predictions become reality. I know because I've done it before.

Like I said, I fully understand why some of the members here feel how they do, but the way some are attempting to deal with things is just harming this community and UBB itself. Negativity is toxic, once it enters a forum it spreads, and if it's not stopped then that community turns into an unfriendly and unwelcoming place.

Negativity has already gotten in here, is there really a reason why it should be allowed to spread? Is there really a reason why it should be allowed to make this into an unfriendly and unwelcoming place? I've seen the results of this kind of thing before, and it's never a pretty thing.

I'm sure that most of you wouldn't like to see your own forums be taken over by negativity. Complaints everywhere, new members being scared away, flaming all over the place, etc. So why want to risk letting another community to end up like that?

And Gizmo, it's good to see that there are still some peace keepers like you here. I'm sure that it's definitely not a fun situation for you to be stuck in the middle of though. Good luck.