I get that you are not happy and why ZR-1. If I were paying under the expectation that a new version would be available at some point in time, I would not be happy either.

We have a slightly different POV and I will share it just in case it helps.

Next month is renewal time for us to buy support. We are going to pay the money. The reason is that support contracts support the availability of a tech to provide support and it is like an insurance policy. Without the cash flow from support contracts, there is no guarantee that someone will be available, simple as that.

Over the past year, we have had need for help. Last time, Rick responded within 15 minutes.

I would rather have a fixed amount to pay each year to tap into those who know more about UBB than do we, and who have had experience in what is likely wrong, if support is needed. This compared to paying someone who may or may not know what they are doing and even worse, paying them at hourly rates to figure it out. Yuck!

The Version 8 change log is full of stuff. I guess I don't get it why those changes are so important. Oh, there are some things we would LIKE, but I don't see anything we NEED to make our forum grow.

In reading through the suggestions, I note that some few say why some given feature would help make more money or serve more people and make their existing members happier, but not many. Perhaps there are secret thoughts or plans and nobody wants to give the ship away. smile

Anyway, we are gonna keep on using UBB. I have done a review of other products and see no reason to change versus the complete pain of changing. I could make a list of the issues with changing to another product and actually started one and then noticed that the first three items were enough to show the rocky road that I didn't want to drive down.

Frankly, if UBB folded, I would see if SirDude and/or Gizmo wanted to sell service contracts. Since the service contract is dirt cheap anyway, perhaps one or both of those gentlemen might want to offer AFLAC supplemental style insurance in which we could invest, just in case.

Simply put, our operation is too important to us not to take out insurance just in case something happens. And then hope we do not need to cash in the insurance policy because that means we had a problem we couldn't solve immediately.

Right now we are moving from one hosting provider to another one with better support. Support is very important to us, as I said.

Larry
www.marriageadvocates.com