Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Yelling? Who is yelling? Stating a fact isn't yelling. The point I'm at is I am whole. Many members are not. Actually, I'm not so sure the owner is whole. The UBB script is unprotected and may already be floating around the internet with someones "crack" or license info. Now, there is something to "scream" about if you're the owner, n'est pas?

BTW, if you or anyone else wants to call me I can be reached at 516.673.1995

Pretty much every script is floating around out there in the warez scene, that's nothing new. Usually those warez are pretty much untouchable anyways because they get hosting from countries that don't respect copyright laws.

Originally Posted by GregK
I put the blame squarely on the new owners. If they can't even bother to stop by and tell everyone what's going on during this transition, then, in my opinion, they deserve all the crap they are getting. We have been waiting for what, over a year now for version 8 and now we're told it's being put on hold while they work on version 7.x to fix some 'bugs, etc. Still haven't seen any update on that version in awhile now. Not a good way to treat your customers, especially with other packages being actively developed with new features all the time.

I don't disagree, and I understand why they're getting all the "crap" that they're getting. However, if you've seen the so-called vB4 fiasco then you'd know that giving them "crap" isn't really going to accomplish anything.

A lot of people were mad about vB4 and complained, but there were also all the loyal fans who stuck by them. If you can't stick by your software or the company/people behind it any more then you should start looking into other options, because complaining here isn't likely to accomplish much other than perhaps turning this community into a hellhole full of negativity and complaints. And why would you need to do that?

Last edited by Kotonoha; 07/18/2011 11:30 AM.