Originally Posted by razor_head
We purchased UBB for look and feel, two very important parts of any forum. Yes, some other forum packages have features that we would like to have, but are not of over riding importance in our opinion.

I completely agree with you and I too am going to stick with UBB (provided the product is still around) as I have spent a lot of time meticulously designing the skin and integrating that look seamlessly with my website. I rarely use things "out of the box" and have to tinker with them to make them feel like "mine." While my forum users are not picky and like things just the way they are without a lot of extra garbage, new features and usability (like mobile access for example) are part of the natural evolution. I welcome such developments - it is up to the user as to whether they want to implement them. I have had to add features like Flash Chat and PhotoPost because these are things I wanted, my community uses and they have been working seamlessly as well for years as companions to my UBB installation. I am not a code savvy webmaster at all but is a schmuck like me can make things work it says something about the flexibility of the software and the support it comes with. I have always relieved excellent advice and assistance from the UBB forums Rick, and Gizmo.

Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2