mean, we all knew (should know) you weren't doing this full time, your quality standards are higher than those of many 'larger' (in a way) products. But hey, people nowaddays either want things for free or want things yesterday

Utter nonsense.

We all knew? No we didn't.
Where does it say that when you pay up?
The product is marketed as a company product.
It certainly is not sold as a one-man part time hobby.
We should have known? Why, when not a single mention of this situation is made.
I would have had serious reservations much earlier if I had known this.

As a customer, I care not the personal stories of who are behind it. As long as support is good. To constantly bring up this 'well, it was a part time' lark is making some people pretty pissed off, and rightly so. If that is the story, be up front about it when you take peoples money, not just when you run out the back door.

If indeed it was obvious that Rick did not have the time or energy, why were we not told that rather than the "in 2 months" line we were fed?

Reasonable people expect stuff when they pay for it and it is promised. This has absolutely Nothing to do with wanting something for free. In fact, personally I do not want something for free. I want to pay for a quality product.

I agree with one part though. It is good. I have found a product that is so way ahead of this, its almost funny.