Wow from the time of this thread til now, a lot of people upset which is understandable but wanting to jump ship over an ownership change, seen that done and done again. I originally owned 4 licenses of vBulletin when it was owned by Jelsoft, when they sold to IB without warning then dumped it on us in a similar way, a lot of people were upset then they threatened to jump ship. I was one that didn't, I stuck with it to see this new version 4.0 they were working on. Once they released that I immediately sold my vB licenses and went to IPB. Bad mistake, I should have stuck it out or came to UBB sooner but overall the situation is similar. I have seen the preview images of v8 and I must say, the look to it has this unique aura that I feel it will set it above the competition.

So I expect UBB to grow even bigger no matter who owns it, as long as the customer remains the main focus then nothing to worry about. IB wanted money and got greedy which is why they lost a lot of business.

I am glad however to see that things calmed down and I do not wish to stir the pot just giving my 2 cents. I'm a developer myself and know the feeling of having to choose and choose quickly.

Hope all is well Rick and Brooks get v8 out when your team feels it is ready.

Last edited by Steve M; 07/31/2011 1:46 AM.

Love to hate, hate to love.
Cowards taste of death many times, heroes taste of death but once. ~William Shakespeare