Well hope you don't run into same issues I have with that method.

I have probably close to 500 CDs that I've used for backups of data and for backups of my software install disks.
99% of them have never failed me but about 1% of them have come back for some data with CRC errors or similar and was unable to recover the data and for some it was the only copy.
Works reasonably well overall but sure upsets you when it's an important document and you can't get it and don't have any other copy.

I still use CD/DVD for backups but I now keep 2 copies on hard drives (would love to do Tape but as said, too expensive for home to run an LTO2 or LTO3 drive and tapes)
So hopefully between local copy, plus often 2 other hard drive copies and occasional CD/DVD I should not lose data again (unless Earthquake, Fire, Flood, or something similar)

I keep CloneCD images of my purchased software install disks as well so that I can burn a disk or mount it virtually any time I want or need it and then I can keep the originals in their box.

Other topic... just noticed that the BUG forum needs 66 posts to reach 6666 shocked